complexity of bar code, RFID, and other technology, requires technical consultants to help with the drafting and technical
review process as the technologies are formally standardised. Sponsors of various
new technologies retain Praxis Consultants to prepare draft standards. In addition,
as work progresses towards formal European and ISO standards, we sit on appropriate Work Groups and Committees as technical
in Standardisation Committees
SC31 Automatic Identification and Data Carrier Techniques
SC31 WG1 Data Carriers
SC31 WG2 Data Structure
SC31 WG4 RFID for Item Management
SC31 WG4 SG1 RFID for Item Management - Data Protocol
ISO (TC122 and
TC104) Joint Working Group RFID Applications
CEN TC225 AIDC Technologies
BSI IST34 AIDC Technologies
· CODABLOCK F Uniform Symbology Specification published by AIM Europe, 1994. Work sponsored by ICS International
· PDF417 Uniform Symbology Specification published by AIM USA, 1996. Work sponsored by Symbol Technologies International.
(See also below: ENV 12925.)
· ENV 12925 Bar Coding - Bar Code Symbologies - PDF417 published by Comité Européen de Normalisation, 1997. This has since been published as ISO/IEC 15438.
· Data Matrix Uniform Symbology Specification originally published
by AIM USA, 1996. Work sponsored by International Data Matrix.
This has since been published as ISO/IEC 16022.
· MaxiCode Uniform Symbology Specification originally published by
AIM USA, 1996. Work sponsored by United Parcel Service. This has since been published as ISO/IEC 16023.
· International Symbology Specification - SuperCode published by AIM
International, 1998. Work sponsored by Metanetics.
· Extended Channel Interpretation published by AIM Global, 2004. Original work sponsored by International CiMatrix, Symbol Technologies and United
· ISO/IEC 15961 Information technology - Radio frequency for item management - Data
protocol: application interface.
Published October 2004.
· ISO/IEC 15962 Information technology - Radio frequency for item management - Data
protocol: data encoding rules and logical memory functions. Published October 2004.
Other Bar Code Symbologies
we have actively participated in Work Groups that developed standards for the following symbologies.
Code 39 -
– EN 12323
- ISO/IEC 15417
Symbology – pub AIM Global
2 of 5 - ISO/IEC 16390
Symbology – pub AIM Global
QR Code –
pub AIM Global (now ISO/IEC 18004)
pub AIM Europe
· Project Editor for EN1573
Bar Code – Multi Industry Transport Label, which is in the process of being
updated to support 2-D symbologies in addition to the linear symbologies already covered by this European Standard.
· Senior Project Editor for
a series of ISO standards on RFID Application standards:
¨ ISO 17358 Application requirements
¨ ISO 17363 Freight containers
¨ ISO 17364 Returnable transport items
¨ ISO 17365 Transport units
¨ ISO 17366 Product packaging
¨ ISO 17367 Product tagging
· An additional RFID protocol
standard that is intended to address interrogator and system management, with the provisional title of RFID System management protocol.
21 October 2004
praxis consultants 1990 – 2004
praxis is a registered
service mark Reg No: 1348575 and 1357064